I know I’m a little late on this, being Thanksgiving Day and all, but I just threw together some cranberry sauce that is truly to die for (toot toot! That’s the sound of my own horn!) and I thought I’d share my little concoction with you. Maybe you have a random bag of cranberries in the fridge like I did and want to whip it up before the big feast, or you could always save it until your next big holiday celebration. It’s pretty simple, almost boring really, but tastes insanely and addictively good! I keep having to swat my husband away so we actually have some on the table come dinner time!
Apple Cinnamon Cranberry Sauce
- 12oz bag of whole cranberries (rinsed in cold water and drained)
- 3 medium apples peeled and diced
- cinnamon stick
- 4 tbsp of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
1. Put all of the cranberries except for 1/2 cup into a medium sauce pan along with the apples, water, cinnamon stick, and sugar. Cook over low heat until the apples and cranberries are soft and the sugar has dissolved, about 10 minutes.
2. Turn the heat up to medium and continue to cook until the cranberries have burst and the mixtures begins to thicken up, about 12 to 15 minutes.
3. Turn the heat back down to low and add the remaining 1/2 cup of cranberries and the vanilla. Continue to cook until the cranberries that were just added soften and begin to burst.
4. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cook completely before refrigerating until ready to eat.
Enjoy it and Happy Thanksgiving!